Are you looking to set up a business in North Lincolnshire? You might be eligible for the business start-up grant provided by your local council.
Any individual who is looking to start up a small business or who has already began trading but for less than 12 months, will be eligible for the scheme. To apply you must meet the following criteria:
- Your business must be based within North Lincolnshire.
- As funds are limited, you must have a clear business plan to have a good chance of success. Don’t worry, if you do not have one there are templates online to assist you or a business advisor at the council will help you as part of the application.
- If you are successful in receiving a grant, the funding can only be used for equipment, capital expenditure and specific start-up costs for your business. This does not include vehicles and standard IT equipment, such as laptops and computers.
- Grants cannot be used to repay pay debts.
The grants are between £500.00 – £1,000.00, to begin the application process for the Business Start-Up Grant, you will need to book an appointment with a business advisor at North Lincolnshire Council. They have an online booking system here.
If you have recently registered as Self-Employed, or you need help registering as Self-Employed, get in touch with us today to see how we can help you with your business.
If the Business Start-Up Grant doesn’t apply to you and you are already an established business in North Lincolnshire but you are struggling with the pandemic, you might be eligible for different support through other schemes.
- Self-Employment Support Scheme Forth Grant: Applications have recently opened to claim the forth SEISS grant from HMRC. Unsure if you meet the criteria? Call us today and we would be more than happy to help.
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme: From 1 May 2021 there will be changes to the CJRS, your employees may not have been eligible for the scheme before, but the might meet the criteria now.
For full guidance on the business start up grant, click here.