Are you claiming tax credits? If so, you will have already received your renewal pack. You must renew your tax credits by 31 July 2021.
You will be sent a renewal pack in the post which will explain how to complete your renewal ahead of the deadline, if it has a red line across the first page and details “reply now” you will need to renew your tax credits.
However, if your letter has a black line and details “check now”, you will need to check your details are correct. If they are correct, you do not need to action anything.
To renew your tax credits, you will need the following information:
- Your renewal pack which you should have received in the post
- Details about any changes to your circumstances, which include living arrangements, childcare, working hours and income (please note – if your working hours fall because of coronavirus, you do not need to report your reduced hours)
- You and your partner’s total income for the last tax year (6 April 2020 – 5 April 2021)
How to renew:
- You can renew online, https://www.gov.uk/manage-your-tax-credits
- You can renew over the phone – 0345 300 3900
- You can renew by post
Do you need your Self-Assessment tax return completing ahead of the tax credit renewal deadline? Get in touch with us today and we will ensure we have your income figures ready for your renewal ahead of the deadline.